CIVSEC 2018 CAREERS & SKILLS FORUMS
All attendees will need to apply for accreditation and register online.
Eligibility to Attend
Attendance at the CIVSEC 2018 careers forums is free-of-charge but places are limited.
Accreditation and pre-registration are required.
To qualify for accreditation to attend, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and :
- an undergraduate, or postgraduate, University or TAFE student undertaking a tertiary course in Australia in engineering, sciences, security, technology or management, who demonstrates a serious interest in pursuing a career in the civil security sector (and related high-technology industries) and, in particular, cyber security, policing, border protection and defence, or
- a person with transferable skills developed through applicable experience in the work-place who demonstrates a serious interest in a career change to the civil security sector (and, particularly, cyber security, policing, border protection and defence)
- Careers advisers, teachers, career professionals, tertiary educators.
A strict dress code applies:
- The required minimum dress standard is neat, smart casual business shirt (short or long-sleeved, and preferably a tie for males). No denim jeans, no T-shirts, and no shorts are permitted.
- Please note that persons may be turned away due to failure to adhere to this dress standard.
- It is likely that careers forum attendees may establish a better impression with exhibitors and other CIVSEC 2018 participants if appropriately attired in business dress.
Places are limited.